Friday, April 02, 2010

Gracie for Gracie

This is a little dollie that I have been busy on this week. Her name is Gracie and she is a free

pattern that you can download from Cathron on http://www.cathroncountrydesigns.com/ She is only 8 1/2" inches tall and is going to a little girl who is also called Gracie and has just got a new baby brother. The clothes are old again. Made from material from my stash (my daughters 5th birthday) and the little pink motifs on her dress and hat are from my Wedding Dress!


Hence the following story.

I had some nottingham lace that I reallly wanted to use on my dress but it was only a small piece and not enough to do anything with . The more I looked at it the more I thought that Iwould be able to carefully cut round the motifs and use them singularly on the bodice. Secondly the lace was white and I wanted the overlay on the bodice to be pink. No problem just dye them. So a particular Saturday was set aside to do it. NSUF. was given strick instructions not to come round to my house until the evening as I would be doing final alterations to my dress and a girls dress is sacred right!! No peeking allowed till the day.

Well the cutting out of the motifs and dyeing them the correct colour went without a hitch and then what to do with them to get dry as there were 50 0f them. Solution. Peg them all out on the clothes line. Mum and I had just finished doing this when we heard Dad's voice saying "Yes their just in the garden hanging some washing out go on round the side gate is open". Well Mum flew to the gate to intercept NSUF. and I flew back down the path and you never saw 50 pegs fly off the line in all directions so fast in your life. NSUF. had completely forgotten about my curfew as he was so pleased at getting 2 tickets for a concert and wanted to tell me straight away so he was forgiven. Wat happened to the motifs? We dried them in the bath in the end.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a little cutie - I love her stripy tights xx

Faye said...

I love this doll, I think she is amazing and hope she has a good and loving home. xxx

Do What You Love said...

Mrs. A., you are simply amazing with your talent. I love dolls so much - used to make them for my mom as she really loved them too. I crocheted them and sewed clothes on them and then I made African dolls which she gave as gifts to her sisters at their monthly luncheons. I love those embroidered eyes. Your talent in sewing is so evident by the way you recycle your fabrics - you really are a true seamstress and my hat is off to such a talented woman! ;-)

Cath Ü said...

I think you have done a wonderful job on your Gracie... well done... the free pattern is available on my Typepad blog... here is the addy..

Cath's Blog

Cath Ü