Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bead Swap No 3.

This is the last bead box swap. I was searching around for inspiration on how to design the last box when 'The Doc' stuck his head around the door and waving an empty toilet roll in the air said "You don't want this for anything do You?"

Erm actually yes !! Problem sorted.
So here it is. I had some small pieces of assorted silk samples enough to cover the roll and using a flower die cut petals out. Small beads sewn randomly on the lid and flowers finished it off.









Molly was my bead partner and told me her chosen colours were Purple, Teal, Pink and Emerald Green. I found this bead selection the hardest to put together as they are my colours too. I put together about 3 different selections before I was happy with the result, not because I didn't want to part with any but because I was very critical that if I didn't like it Molly wouldn't.
Thankfully Molly did.




I am entering this in the following challenges.


All Sorts Challenge. They are asking for Park inspiration. These flowers remind of a dahlia. Anybody who has been to Kew Gardens or RHS at Wisley at this time of year will have seen borders full of them.

Aud Sentiments .They are saying Anything Goes.








10 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi. This is just so gorgeous. Beautiful colours and the pretty flowers you have done are fantastic. What creativity you have. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Fiona said...

wow Mrs A...this is amazing...the colours are beautiful and thos beads look fab...really pretty..how long did this take to make??

fix

Faye said...

I would say that was never a toilet roll, but I know you, so I know it was. It's beautiful and the stash looks scrummy. xxx

Mrs A. said...

Didn't take me very long at all. I can usally knock small items up in an evening. Having said that though I do go to bed at funny times and its not always night time!

Debbie said...

Mrs A this is brilliant.
I run a Playgroup and always on the look out for good ldea's for Mother's Day Pressys that me and the children can make together, this would be lovely with choccies inside. Thanks for the inspiration and well done it looks lovely. Debbiexx

Audrey said...

What a beautiful project! I love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our monthly drawing going on right now.

Donna said...

Gosh this is gorgeous Mrs A...love the beautiful colours and texture you have used :) Donna x

Do What You Love said...

Oh Mrs. A, I do love that little box and how fabulous Doc Shingles thought of you with that! I love those colors - and the beads are absolutely GORGEOUS! You are so incredibly creative! The fabric is so wonderful. Love those flowers - you're an awesome woman!

Mummylade said...

what an adorable project. Thank you for joining my garden challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous project love the colours so rich...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x