Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dancing Girl.

Sherry has now received her prezzie in the post so I can now do a reveal. On her blog every month she show cases the most amazing little dresses that she makes for the 'Dress up challenge' so I knew exactly which little bag to make her from my Japanese book of hand made gifts.


As I had already done a swap with Sherry earlier in the year I new her likes and dislikes so could choose the right colours. The ivory silk is left over from 'The tablecloth challenge' and the skirt panels are from original silk japanese kimonos soucred from Japan.

This is the front.


And the back. There is an inside pocket lined with felt which is deep enough to hold a special item of jewelry or a little bottle of cologne.
Hope you will enjoy Sherry.

7 comments:

Faye said...

This is a beautiful piece of work. I've seen it IRL, and it is soft and gorgeous. The beads are the perfect finishing touch. xx

Fiona said...

wow...you are so clever Mrs A.

fi
x

Do What You Love said...

This is really magnificent; the beauty of the fabrics really come through. I love the beads; my goodness, your talent is just flowing fully!

Sherry said...

I love, love, love it!!!!!!!!! Thank you again Mrs A it's beyond gorgeous!

Deborah said...

Wow, Sherry, you lucky so and so :-) Such a beautiful piece - and so appropriate.

Ann said...

Oh lovely! Its like a fairy dress - beautiful work Valerie.

Unknown said...

wow....this is STUNNING XXX