Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Whilst I'm on a Roll.

I saw this digi download on A Day for Daises and fell in love with it. To me it looked like a picture taken out of a photo album so that is what I have tried to recreate here.
The background and edge scrolls are paper by Dovercraft from their abstract prints range. The scrolls were cut using Sizzix Archectural Accents and I coloured the digi with watercolour pencils and baby oil! The flower was one I prepared earlier. The little girl sort of looks like I did as a child so I have made this card for my Mum for Mothers Day.



Entering into the following challenges.
A Day for Daisies. Girly Girl
Fab 'n' Funky. Make it Girly

6 comments:

Ali said...

I saw that image as well its a cutie xx

Catherine said...

This is so pretty ! What a cute image and the colouring is fantastic...

Zue said...

You were a little cutie.
It is a lovely creation and looks like it comes from a time when our mums used to make our party dresses. I love the design of the dress, it is sort of timeless.
I have baby oil, somewhere, but I did not know you could use it on a card. I wonder how you did use it!

Sue xxxxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

This is absolutely delightful. Such delicate colouring, and I am sure your Mum will love it. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Sherry said...

Aww, such a sweet image and you've made a lovely card for your Mum, bet she'll love it!

I've never heard of using baby oil with watercolour pencils before - but the results look great!

Angela Weimer said...

sweet card. I am sure she will love it. Baby oil huh.....I wil have to try it. Thanks for sharing an have a great night. Angela