Saturday, October 01, 2011

January Already!!

Over at The Craft Barn They are running a 12 week calendar challenge where you create a different month each week.
Week 1 was to create January using the colour Blue and crackle.
The whole calendar does not have to be blue, but you must include at least a bit of blue and some crackle ( paste,paint,glaze,stamp, image with crackle whatever....) on your calendar entry - whether it is the first page or a complete calender.
This seemed a pretty good challenge for me to tackle as I usually have copious pieces of paper/post it notes stuck all over my desk with challenge and swap deadlines written down. Have it all in one place I thought stuck behind my lap top. Easy Peasy. So from next year on I will be organised!!!
Decided to go with a large sheet with room to write notes on each day.
January , blue and crackle imediately sprung into my mind as Winter, snowflakes and icicles.
I played around with various layouts just stamping large and small snowflakes over a sheet of plain paper but decided that was too heavy and would be hard to read any writing on.
Finally came up with the above result.
Month and date are computer generated and printed onto plain white paper which I then ruled up to make the seperate days and dates. I then randomly stamped plain spaces and stenciled spaces using Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire distress ink. I attached white lace across the top of the page which I thought looked a lot like icicles hanging down.
The die is Snowflake from Sizzix which stamps out in two sizes. Some I cut out using plain blue paper and the rest from card. These were painted over with distress crackle paint which because I only had it in Brushed Corduroy I painted over using white acrylic matte finish. Again some of these I overtamped using the distress inks. I then covered the days and blanking snowflakes with glossy accents and attached with sticky pads to give dimmension.
Off to make February now as I'm running to catch up.

9 comments:

Faye said...

January is completely fabby!! xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is fabulous, very inspiring with the beautiful colours and the lovely details.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sandra H said...

This is lovely:) Sandra H

Sherry said...

It looks fab! I like the icicles with the days of the week on at the side.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your January is awesome with the snowflakes!

Dr Sonia S V said...

SO glad my dinosaur toy will be useful to you!

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Gorgeous page, love the cool shades of blue, Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

Punched snowflakes are the perfect touch. Great first page
thanks for playing with us
isa

Gio said...

I love how you added the snowflakes, give love of texture !