Saturday, December 03, 2011

Where there's a will there's a way!!

The Grande Finale over at the Craft Barn is to take a picture of your finished project i.e all 12
Calendar ages and post about it on your blog.
Well I tried making a mosaic up using flickr and my favourites folder but soon realised that it wouldn't work having your own pictures saved in there.
What to do?
Okay go to plan B. (always have a plan B. up your sleeve or in my case up my plaster cast).
I spent all yesterday evening copying and posting each calendar picture into word and re sizing onto the same page. Took absolutely ages as they kept jumping out of sequence on the page as I added each new month. Got there in the end though. Next print off sheet and re photograph,
upload to my pictures and post here. (Where there's a will there's a way).
I have'nt bound my pages into one claendar as each page is mounted on cardboard and has a cord attached for hanging. I want to be able to use the pages each month on my desk instead of having loads of post it notes and papers stuck on a clip board reminding me of challenges to enter and each swap (that I enter ) last posting dates.

So here are my twelve calendar pages for 2012.
Many thanks to Anne for suggesting Photoshop and Suze for Picasa. I will keep those in mind for next time.

14 comments:

Faye said...

There's always a Plan B and a Plan C. I'd say it's time for a glass of wine... xxx

Ali said...

Yes I second Faye, in fact I have one in hand now!!! Fabby layouts xx

Di said...

Brilliant - extra marks for being a One Handed Wonder too! Di xx

laury55 said...

great idea to display all the month side by side..your calendar is wonderful

Debbie said...

Brilliant calenders, they will look gorgeous in th eNew Year to come. Debbiexx

Suze Bain said...

12 super pages Mrs A and a fab collage photo!! xx

The Doc said...

This is a hand down winner !!

Anne said...

Oh I copied mine onto Word but didn't think about rescanning it to show as one page on my blog. Derrrr! Fantastic pages, beautiful calendar and a great month by month idea! You could hang all twelve up all around the house just for fun! I like the way the pages have all come together, great job!

cockney blonde said...

Love your calendar pages, its great seeing different interpretations from everyone. Thank you for your lovely comments, mine is taking pride of place next to my computer as like you I never have a calendar handy when I'm blogging, x

Scrapmate said...

Wow it sounds super complicated but a fab result. I just laid them all out on the floor & photographed them.

Carol said...

Terrific achievement. I trust you are going to use them for the next 12 months? Do you know yet for sure how long you have to keep the plaster on? Heres hoping it is off for Christmas.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

They are fabulous, well done! I like the colours very much. Hope you'll soon be better dear.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow that took some organising but brilliant calendar pages! x

Gio said...

You made a great effort to make the mosaic, but it worths it! :-)

Love how it ended!