Saturday, February 16, 2013

Christmas in February.

I actually colured these 2  Digi's up in January to enter a challenge and nearly forgot all about them until I suddenly realised the challenge was about to close. Panic stations whilst I quickly cut some stock for the cards and made a few extra embellishements for the fronts.
Phew!!

The digi image is by 'Crafting with Jack' and the details of their site can be found here.
I have coloured using Pearlescent chalks and Distress Markers. The wording is part of the digi but I have cut it seperate as I wanted to put the image behind a window. My camera never takes a true photo when I use the colour purple. It comes out in a bluey tone but does in fact compliment the pink and mauve sky.  The extra star is a free stamp from Craft Stamper that I have cut out and again coloured using pearlescent chalks and adhered to the front of the card using a foam pad to give dimension.
 
Entering into the following Challenges:
Lady Anne's: Use Crafting with Jack digi.
Crafty Hazel Nuts extra: Anything goes Christmassy.
C.R.A.F.T. challenge: Christmas in February.
 
 
 
The Second card is again using a digi by 'Crafting with Jack' .  I have coloured using plain and pearlescent chalks. The sentiment is from an old used christmas card and I have simply layered up with red and green cardstock to match the chalks. The added poinsettia is a die  by Poppy Stamps called blooming Poinsettia style no 861 which I cut using up scraps of cream cardstock and colouring to match  the digi.
 
 
Entering into the following Challenges:
Lady Anne's: Use Crafting with Jack digi.
Crafty Hazel Nuts extra: Anything goes christmassy.
C.R.A.F.T challenge:  Christmas in February.
Tammy's Scrappin Corner: Handmade Embellishments.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

karalschuknecht said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us this week for "Handmade embellishments."
Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner

Faye said...

Both fab, I really like the first. xx

Di said...

Great cards Mrs A. Neat bit of upcycling on the second one too! Hugs, Di xx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love them both.xxx

Sandra H said...

Morning Mrs A.....Wow both of your cards are stunning enjoy your weekend x

Hazel said...

They are both beautiful - I have to confess that I found one of the images last night and made a quick card, but still haven't done anything with the other one despite planning to do so! Thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon - and have fun in the playground (I haven't been there all week - need to get back!) x

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Nice cards. Lovely look. Thanks for joining CHNC Extra challenge this month.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Getting ready for Christmas early, Mrs A? Well done you! And with two fabulous creations! Hugs, Lesley

Do What You Love said...

Lovely cards Mrs. A. - you're always on the up and ready for crafting aren't ya? Unlike me...heehee...I just adore the poinsettias - it brings to mind a wonderful holiday doesn't it? Have a fabby weekend!

MagsB said...

These are lovely, so simple and so pretty!

love Mags B x

Createology said...

Somehow a deadline always gets us into action. Great Cards...
I always enjoy and appreciate your visits and comments. Thank You.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A, fab designs both of them.

Love
Maarit

Unknown said...

What a Great Job.
I love the artistic colors and the layout.


we are so glad you ,
entered into the challenge this week.
we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner

scrappymo! said...

Love the diecut poinsettia to go with your image! Great card.