Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Just a Thought

If you've come looking for The Elf
his exploits are in the posts below!

It's week 2 over at my Butterfly Challenge
where the theme is fairies.
Can be Christmas or non christmas
just so long as they have wings.
The challenge  is running for the whole of Dec
and there is a $15.00 gift certificate for the winner
from 
A day For Daisies.

My inspiration for you today
is the 2nd scene that I did on the 
recent  Lavinia workshop I attended.
I used distress inks for the background,
Memento 'Nautical Blue ' for the stamping
and  Lavinia  'Small pixies'.
Sentiment by Lavinia stamps.
A light sprinkling of green stickles
which I painted on with a tiny brush.

I liked the simplicity of the white space in the centre
so decided to also  mount onto a white card base .
I first distressed round the edges
with my handy little paper distressing  gadget.
Clean and simples.


Just one problem though. The light box being white 
the card was lost so I placed a sheet of
pearlised navy card behind and retook the photo.


Sorted.

Entering into the following challenges:
Through The Craft Room Door #  Anything goes.
Little Miss Muffet #100 Anything goes.
Sister Act #86 Anything goes.
Sweet Stampin # Things with wings.
Scribble And Scrap  #33 Anything goes.
One Crazy Stamper # Anything goes.
A Little Bit Crafty Anything goes not christmas.


Call back tomorrow for more Elf Chaos.

15 comments:

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Mrs A, your inking looks fabulous. Carol x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi again
This is terrific. The stamping and shading are great.
Look forward to the next exploit.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

Great stamps and great colours, good card.

Kath x

Sandra H said...

So pretty Mrs A l just love the shading it's amazing how a piece of paper behind changes the look so beautifully presented xx

Karen Hasheck said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door. Hope to see you again soon!

Viv said...

me likey very much!! Luverly card Mrs A. x

Donna said...

Fabulous card Mrs A, love the distressing around the edges and the pretty design with the flowers and the fairy...beautiful! Donna ♥ x

Sue said...

Fab card Mrs A!! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin lots of huggles Sue DT xx

Chris said...

Beautiful! Fabulous stamping and colours! Love these stamps!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'!
Chris
x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Beautiful. Love the green x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You definitely made that card pop with the change of background for the photograph. It is quite lovely. I'm trying to get back into blogging and card challenges (because I don't have enough to do with the holidays). I'm not totally sure I have a fairy stamp but I know I have an angel or two. That's close enough I'm sure. We'll see what I find!

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Mrs. A!

Unknown said...

Wow stunning card! Love it!!
Lucy x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty!

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge!

Alyx said...

So pretty. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx