Monday, March 16, 2015

Fairytale.

It was Fluff's Birthday yesterday
and this is the card I made for her.
Yellow and purple being  her favourite colours.
I battled my innner deamons and got the 
'BRAYER'
out and actually used it for the very  first time 
to create the background  after looking at
loads of Lavinia tutorials on  how to do it!!
I knew  I wanted to use this colour palette but the colours 
were spread across 3 different stamp pad makers
that I had in my stash namely
SU, Adirondacks and Memento.
Now as I wasn't sure  if they  were  compatible I went straight 
to the oracle herself (Fluff) and asked the Q.
Back came the reply " If you tell me what your doing 
I can advise you more specifically".
To which I quickly replied nope  "It's on a need to know basis
and you don't need to know that" !!!!
Thankfully they all are.

I created the background using the Brayer 
and SU/Adirondacks ink pads. 
Torn strips of scrap paper to shape  the hills.
Lavinia Fairy 'Luna' stamped using Memento ink.
Lavinia flowers used were Wild flower,Bluebells,
Lavendar, Leaf trail and Trailing Ivy.
Sentiment is Anita's Stickers .
Card mounted onto yellow  SU cardstock.
I had fun making so much so that I made another 
scene up  in blue but that is now on it's way to Australia
so can't be shown yet.
Because the card was not a bog standard size 
I made a matching envelope for it too. 

Entering into the following challenges:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #168 Use your snipppets.
Fashionable Stamping #93 Springtime.
Make My Monday # A scenic card.
Love to Scrap #50 Anything goes.
Craft Your Passion #253 Anything goes.
Crafting From The Heart  #51 Anything goes.
Create and Inspire #17 Anything goes.
Little Miss Muffet #107 Anything goes
Fairytale challenges #113 Flower power.
Creative Ladybirds #1 Anything goes.


33 comments:

KandA said...

Beautiful card Mrs A. Beautiful colour combo, beautiful background and beautiful stamping xx

Margreet said...

You made Fluff a beautiful card Mrs A...great technique!
xxx Margreet

Jacee said...

Gorgeous! what a pretty card, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Ann said...

Certainly doesn't look like your first attempt! Gorgeous brayed background. I'm not one for fairies but I love Lavinia's 'natural world' stamps. And guess what, Tracey lives right here in Ruthin! I always watch her demos at our one local papercraft fair and have a little spend. ;-)

Carol said...

This is beautiful Mrs A...you did a wonderful job with that brayer, hope we see it again soon! Carol x

Hettie said...

Bootiful!!!
Well done on using the B thingey!! I daren't use the full swear word like you did!
Ann may be having a lodger soon!!
Hugs
xx

rachel said...

good use of the brayer Valery - a truely beautiful card and envelope - gorgeous! Hugs Rachel x

Kathleen said...

Gosh thought I had come to Floral Fantasy's blog.
Two fantastic cards, gorgeous colours and very well done on your first attempt.

Kath x

Sue - said...

I can't believe that's your first attempt with a brayer! Beautiful card!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Brilliant card and equally brilliant envelope.
Fab background.
Have a great week.
Ang x

Createology said...

Lovely Fairy themed card. Your cards are truly amazing.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I love fairies

MaryH said...

I'd say your brayer skills & your color combining is just spot on. Loved the soft sunset colors with this fairy silhouette, and having the overhanging branches around the perimeter added so much interest. Loved that you have the 'inner glow' too. Clever you to do such a beautiful matching envie too. I'm rubbish with envelopes! My hat's off to ya. TFS & Hugs too.

Sherry said...

Your card turned out fabulously Mrs A - great brayering!
Bet Fluff will love it and is glad she didn't know why you were asking:). I always struggle with that technique but love watching Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamps do demos she makes it look so easy. xxx

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS card love this silhouette and colours.xx

Margo said...

Gorgeous card !
Greetz
Margo

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, your card is amazing, the colours are gorgeous and the fairy and other images are beautiful, love it, hugs Kate x

Viv said...

This is lovely Mrs A! x

Di said...

Squeal!! Mrs A - this really is so beautiful! Go you with that brayer :) And of course every little detail is beautiful!

Hugs

Di xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

You made a stunning job of this, Mrs A. You must get that brayer out more often! It was lovely to see you today. I hope you got home safely! Hugs, Lesley

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Mrs A, I love the scene and such yummy colours. Love the envelope too, look foreward to seeing the blue one.
Avril xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Oh I so relate to the brayer being an inner demon lol...I love your card Mrs A. The sparkle on the fairy's wings looks so magical.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Brenda in IN said...

I can see why they are her favorite colors. They look gorgeous together. I love the scene you created and I think you did great with the brayer. She will love it.

Jean said...

Oh Wow!! this is so beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and you did great with the brayer. I love the the Lavinia stamps and the glittery sparkles.
Jean x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This card is even more beautiful in real life. It has pride of place in the library. It has so many details on it. I think this is one of my fave cars from you xx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous envelope. I bet she was very happy to get such a beauty!

Well worth all the work you put into it as it really is so gorgeous!!!

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous envelope. I bet she was very happy to get such a beauty!

Well worth all the work you put into it as it really is so gorgeous!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my! Such a naught word in this post--BRAYER. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them either. You've done well by it here though. This is a very sweet card.

HeatherM said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
HeatherM

Marina said...

Enjoyed you funny post. You did a great job with the brayering and created a lovely scene. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Really beautiful...Great job with the Baryer! Thansk for sharing with Create and Inspire!

Dawn said...

Super sweet! Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet. Dawn

Bianca said...

You have made such a lovely project. This is really so pritty and I love the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge.
XX Bianca

PS.: Today our new challenge started and we have a lovely little blog hop too. We would be happy if you like to join in.