Friday, January 06, 2017

The Big 0.

Here is some more inspiration for you for week 2 of
 #69 Butterflies + Z is for Zero and /or Zucchini.

(The definition for Zucchini as a colour is hues of yellow through to hues of green
and I will accept either or both colour ranges.)

You still have until Tuesday 10th January to enter.


Onto my first card which uses a Hunkydory pre coloured image from their  'Little book of Shimmer'.
I took my inspiration from the yellow on the birds and also that I wanted to make an Anniversary card. I've teamed it with two different shades of green cardstock which didn't really photo very well.
The one below is taken with the flash on but is still not a very good colour comparison. The flowers were made from an old christmas decoration that I found in the box when we got it down from the loft  to decorate with. I pulled all the single silk flower heads off the garish plastic centres that were supposed to be berry heads  which have now gone in the bin and also salvaged the leaves to use on a  future christmas card. I layered 3 flowers up (for each flower) and threaded new pink stamens through them and as the centres are a pale yellow they match in well. The little pink butterflies were waste scrap from a Tonic border punch and had been safely stored away in my stash. Used my Presscut Rectangle dies Stitch hole  die cut to frame the picture with. Silver stickers also from my stash. 

 
Entering the card above in the following challenges:
Crafting by Designs # Anything goes,
Double 'D' Challenges  # Anniversary/Bogaversary/ Birthday.
Inspiration Destination #119  Anything goes.
Brown Sugar #232 Anything goes.
Jo's Scrap Shack # Anything goes.



My Second card for you uses a NBUS stamp that I purchased quite a while ago and not used.
It is by La Blanche  and I believe the flower is a dog rose as the package it came in doesn't have any information on it.  I stamped out onto cold press water colour  paper and have coloured in using my distress marker pens (in shades of yellow and greens)  plus a brush and a pot of water.  Once dried I added  in the veins and flower definition using a gold gel pen. I fussy cut out the image (mainly because I made a pigs ear out of marking blobs of colour on  the rest of the water colour card and the more I tried to dab it off the worse it got). I didn't entriely waste the paper though as I scribbled more of  the pen colours onto it and managed to cut the butterfly (Pippi/Isabella  dies by Memory box) from the scraps.  The design paper is from my stash and was an unknown magazine freebie.I used green and yellow card stock for the rest of the card and Britannia 
word dies to make the sentiment.  Iv'e used the same stitched die cut frames as above.   


Entering the above card into these challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner #104 Use something new.
Crafty Creations #332 Anything goes.
Creative Knockouts #175 Anything goes.
A Bit More Time To Craft #35 Anything goes.
Creative Fingers #122 Anything goes.



My last card just uses green card stock which I  used with my Scor pal to create the nine box framework. I then played noughts and crosses (with myself, I really should  get out more) using  a die cut alphabet by Craft Emotions. The shiny embossed butterfly is from a craft sheet by Tbz-Kaart.nl and thee colours of the butterfly just fitted the challenge perfectly.

Entering this card into the challenges below:
Penny's Paper Crafty #310 Anything goes.
Moving Along With The Times #36 Something in the air.
Crafty Catz # Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #34 Anything goes.




32 comments:

Liz said...

Two really lovely cards. I love the design of the first one, you can't go wrong adding a Pippi butterfly! Very clever design on the second one, making your own 0s and Xs game. xx

Liz said...

Oops! Just realised the card with the birds is in the same post, I just went to make another comment thinking it was a separate post! Having a Senior Moment here! It's a beautiful image and I love how you've added the little butterflies for extra detail. Super card. xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely cards Mrs A you have been busy the birds are sooo cute and love the way you rescued the flowers, well done on the other two.
I love Pippi butterfly, but I've never bought the Isabella, if want an underlay I just fussy cut, didn't realise for ages there was another Die to go with it!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A....love your last card most, especially about playing noughts and crosses with yourself☺☺
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card all of them...hope to get time to enter the challenge...xx

Veerle said...

All of them are just gorgeous ValeryAnne.
Enjoy the weekend, hugs Veerle x

Lia said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Well done Valery Ann!
Lia xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful selection of cards Mrs A each one is full of delight the colours, images and designs are superb I have to confess that the first one is my fave,
hugs
lorraine x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful collection of cards Valery, I love the gorgeous bird on the first and the great noughts and crosses game of the last especially.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

My goodness Valery you've been busy, all beautiful cards, the colours and designs are wonderful,Kate x

Margo said...

They are gorgeous !

Darlene said...

Your cards are gorgeous Mrs. A.! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Jackie T said...

Hi all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine said...

Beautiful cards! I am especially impressed by your repurposing skills....the reclaimed flowers and tiny butterflies are wonderful additions to your cards. Thank you for sharing your work at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three fab cards, with so different design! Love the birds and their background of the first one, they really pop out from the green fram!And great upcycling of the flowers, too!
The second card looks so lovely with that patterned paper and brilliant sentiment on the last one, so clever!
Hugs

Janette said...

Thankyou for entering our ATG challenge at CraftyCatz this week, love your card, but they are all really nice.x

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful anniversary card, wonderfully shimmery sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Sue - Jo's Scrap Shack DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Mrs.B said...

A lovely selection of cards Mrs A. beautiful inspiration for the challenge.
Avril xx

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A, such pretty designs and all so different :) Donna ♥ x

Sue said...

Hi Mrs A...got here by travelling on a No:7 bus lol!!! such a gorgeous selection of cards lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxx

Wendy L said...

All three cards are lovely, thanks for joining us at MAWTT xxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just love those blue tits, great image

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week
hugs Shell xx

Brenda in IN said...

All of these are so pretty. I do like the stitched frames and the fun x's and o'x. I would love to see your craft room as you use the greatest assortment of crafting items and they all come together in the most beautiful art.

Barb said...

All three cards are lovely Mrs A but I especially like the little blue tits Barbxx

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. Thanks for sharing it with us at DD Anniversary Challenge. Hope you will join us often.
Kathy DD DT

Hazel said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 310 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Maria Valente said...

Amazing cards! So glad you've joined us at Penny's Challenges. Hope to see you again!
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Unknown said...

Wow you've been busy :) Three beautiful cards, all so elegant and pretty, love them all :) Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs and good luck xxx

Joyce Tompkins said...

Oh WOW...these are just stunning! Each is moThanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Joyce - DT
www.JoycesCreativeCrafts.blogspot.comre beautiful than the last.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love the image and flowers, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful cards..awesome design..Love each one of them...Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
just spotted this on the MAWTT Challenge.
what very gorgeous cards and such wonderful designs too.
Love the wonderful birds one the most as I love anything with birds, or butterflies on as you may know.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.