Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Flamingo

This is the painting  I did for the Post card swap for March which my partner has now received. The stamps are by Chocolate Baroque and I have coloured using my Marvey Le Plume 11 water colour pens.  The theme was 'Wings' and I was so determined not to do a Butterfly. I got the lovely stamps as part of the blog candy prize from Sue at Sue's Crafty Corner. Thankyou Sue. These are their first outing but won't be the last.
Apologies for not being around but I had a funeral to attend last Wednesday which I went to by train, in fact 3 trains each way.  I'm fine with using trains and hoping platforms with 2mins to spare on one connection but just couldn't face doing the M25 and trying to work out which correct exit to come off at. It was a tiring day though. Then when I came home I had a commissioned card to hand deliver the next day and whilst the card was made I needed to just make a quick envelope up for it.
Just and quick do not go together! Firstly my envelope maker required me to use a 12"x12" paper but the digi paper I was working with was only 8"x 11" ish and not wanting to put a join in the envelope I went off to the the drawing board to devise my own envelope.  3 hrs later and  I had a box envelope I was pleased with. Then I had the bright idea of building  a magnetic closure into the design.  Do I ever learn!!!!!   I eventually finished the box in the small wee hours of the morning.  I can't show the card or box yet but they were well liked by the recipient.  I had another commission on Saturday to hand deliver so Friday was spent out in the garden (it being lovely weather) finishing that one too. I will show that in a post shortly.  Today has been just as hectic as we had the planner arrive  for the last stage of the bathroom refit  to measure up for the replacement door to the built in cupboard (that had to be partially  demolished in order to fit the new bath and shower screen in). Once that has been fitted it will all be done and I can show you the finished bathroom in all it's glory.  Oh and The Doc also  had the dentist on Friday as well and we both have the opticians  this Thursday. If work rang me up now and said we need you back I'd be saying "Exactly which 5mins of the day would you be thinking of then?"  Whoever said retirement was easy or boring!!  

I will be round asap to all your blogs.


23 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful, painting Valery, just love this.x ♥[aNNie]

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hello there, Mrs A. I just spotted your pretty flamingo at the top of my thumbnails and I thought it was high time I dropped by to say "hi" and to comment on this pretty Japanese styled watercolour. Lovely! Reading your post about best laid plans and all so struck a cord with me and made me laugh but I'm sorry to learn you had a recent funeral to attend. Hugs, Lesley

Lia said...

This looks very tropical and I like it very much! And I can agree: retirement is not boring at all over here as well!
Lia xx

Di said...

Gorgeous work there Mrs A! Crumbs though, I had to go and lay down after reading about the whirlwind life!

Hugs

Di xx

Valerija said...

A fabulous painting. Great job!
Valerija xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Life seems to be keeping you very busy at the moment it's worn me out just thinking about it. I love the gorgeous postcard you made with the stamps, it's beautiful.

Sue xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card I love it. You do seem to be very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brenda in IN said...

The flamingo is beautiful. I agree with you aboout retirement, now I don't know how I had time to work.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Work or retirement, life is always full of things to do, time flies and isn't enought... :(
Your painting is so beautiful, love the colours you choosen for the bird plumage!

Barb said...

Your card is lovely and the water colouring is beautiful. You've certainly had a busy time. Isn't it strange how all these jobs take much longer than we expect them to. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Valery, wonderful colours and images. I'm pants at doing envelopes even though I've got a Memory Keepers machine for making them, I just can't work it out.
I think time is flying by even more quickly since I retired, scary or what, Kate x

Unknown said...

What a lovely painting! Fab design!
Lucy x

Cara said...

Fabulous painting, love the colours you've used. I hope next week is less hectic for you, I got tired just reading about it! Cara X

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh this is such a very super postcard.
Your stamped design is so pretty and coloured just perfectly too.
Good luck with the rest of the bathroon refit.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Well this is a fabulous card, LIM/CAS but with lovely images and colours.

Kath x

Andree said...

A lovely card. The stamps are fabulous and your choice of colours look wonderful. It sounds like there's never a dull, or relaxing, moment for you just now xx

LesleyG said...

Fabulous flamingo design, and never a dull moment eh! Know EXACTLY what you mean about the M25!!! Xxx

BożenA said...

I love the colors of your flamingo. Beautiful design.

KandA said...

So beautiful Mrs A and I love the colours xx

Loll said...

Beautiful watercolouring, Anne. Such lovely images and pretty mix of colours. Sounds like you've had a very busy week. Need to find some time to put your feet up ... maybe next week. I find I'm more busy with retirement than I expected, that's for sure. xx

Darnell said...

Your card is really lovely, Anne, but your life is waaaaaay too hectic right now! It is true and retired people quickly learn they don't know how they ever had time to work!! Good luck with all of it! Hugs, Darnell

Merry said...

You are having a busy time and what a long day with funeral included. Can't wait to see photos of your envelope box, I'm intrigued. Also can't wait to see your renovated bathroom. Lovely postcard.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous watercolor scene! I hope life slows down a bit for you soon.